Why Digital Marketing Is Essential For Your Jewelry Business
By Emmanuel Raheb
Founder and CEO, Smart Age Solutions
Every business faces the same problem – how to get new customers. Jewelry stores are no different. As a retail jeweler, your success will live or die based on two things:
- How many customers visit your website or store.
- How many sales you make, either online or in-person.
Everything else can be considered branding. It may grow your name and reputation, but it doesn’t necessarily improve your bottom-line.
Many jewelry store owners believe that if they offer a “good selection” and “great service” that customers will automatically find their way to them and buy. Nothing could be further from the truth. Remember, if your target customer doesn’t know you exist...then you don’t exist.
Digital marketing can not only help you get noticed, it can help you reach new audiences and make more engagement ring and jewelry sales.
Let’s look at some of the main advantages of digital marketing for jewelry businesses.
- It’s cheaper than traditional media. You can reach a much larger, better targeted audience rather than relying on broad-based, generic advertising. With digital marketing you have complete control over your costs.
- Digital marketing is easily tracked and can be traced directly back to a lead or an online sale. There’s no better way to know which of your marketing channels are performing best and which aren’t!
- You get to know your audience personally and they get to know you. With social media such as Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, you can get instant feedback on any jewelry style or collection. Just post and watch the comments roll in!
- You can reach a worldwide audience beyond your own local area. With an online store you can sell to anyone, anywhere, at any time.
- Digital marketing can be personalized to each type of buyer. Custom campaigns are as simple as a click to launch.
- You can communicate with your prospects at every stage of the buying process. It doesn’t matter if they’ve just started looking for an engagement ring or are ready to buy, there’s a way to reach all types of potential customers.
- With digital marketing, you make yourself visible online where younger buyers shop. Many people now start the buying process online and if they can’t find you, they won’t take you seriously and will quickly head somewhere else. Your existing customers will naturally age over time, so it’s important to have a steady stream of younger customers who can replace them.
- Digital marketing is the future of business. Think about how different the world was 20 years ago and where we are now. The jewelry business will continue to evolve and change over time. If you don’t embrace digital marketing, your store will quickly be left behind.
Successful jewelry store owners realize that in order to grow their business they need to take action. With digital marketing there’s always something new to learn. The sooner you get started, the quicker you’ll be able to achieve your financial goals.
As digital platforms evolve, it’s always important to keep an open mind and try something new. Above all, don’t be afraid to experiment. Digital marketing is easily scalable and offers an unparalleled opportunity for rapid growth. Hiring a top-of-the-line digital marketing agency can help your business convert more customers, more quickly.
Our team at Smart Age Solutions can handle all your digital marketing efforts so that you can focus on what matters most: your business! Feel free to book an appointment with us, so we can discuss how to create memorable digital experiences for your jewelry business.